Thursday, March 29, 2012

Norcon XII Part 9- WIP Photos

In hindsight I think I should have given this series of posts a different title, since by the time Norcon arrives I'll probably be up around part 30. At least it's fun to post pictures of my work, and the response I've gotten has been great. Thanks again to everyone who has posted a response on the blog or complimented my work in person.

I am almost done with the Starship interior, which will give me two full tables ready for July.

The layout photoed here is not representative of what the Starship table will actually look like, but is an example of how the pieces for this table can be arranged to be used in many different ways. In fact, this weekend, I will be testing this terrain out with my d20 Future group, not even for Infinity.


The photos here are pretty rough. I just wanted to give people an idea of what I was working on and the progress I am making. Once I have these pieces painted better I will post some nicer looking photos.

It's tough to see the scale in these photos, but each square floor tile is equal to 1". The tiles are arranged onto sheets of MDF board, either 12" wide or 4" wide. The total size of the table right now, if I cram everything together like this, is just over 3' x 2'. In the configuration for Norcon the table will be about 3' x 3', and if I spread everything out and use the 4" tiles as connecting hallways between the bigger pieces, I can almost get to a full 4' x 4' table.

I've got a busy weekend ahead of me, with gaming every night until Tuesday; but stay tuned for some new photos next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment