Monday, March 12, 2012

Norcon XII Part 6- More WIP Photos

There is one nice thing that can be said for being sick. Between sprinting to the bathroom every 15 minutes, and bouts of uncontrollable shivering, you can get a lot of work done. In fact, one of my proudest conversions, my custom Ashlynn D'Elyse for Warmachine, was the result of a 7 day flu, which was probably the sickest I have ever been in my life. To this day I can only remember about a third of work I did on that conversion, the rest of it sort of just happened while I was in a delirious haze.


This time around I channeled the power of what was either food poisoning or an acute stomach flu into Norcon Terrain. The first three photos here are of terrain for a scenario called "Secure Area". This scenario takes place in an abandoned town on the desert planet of Bourak, which may conceal a decommisioned Silk lab. The objective for the scenario is simply to eliminate your enemy or force them to retreat, so that your faction can take control of the lab at leisure.

These buildings are a mix of terrain pieces from JR Miniature Studio and Crescent Root Studio. The walls and square building are from JR Minis, as well as another building and a few bits I haven't painted yet. The tower is from Crescent Root Studio, one of my favorite new terrain makers. In the next few months I will be buying some more terrain from Crescent Root to round out the table. In the end, the table will be much more wide open than a typical Infinity battlefield, giving an advantage to troops using long range weapons and camouflage.

Finally, I have started a side project (perhaps unwisely) scratchbuilding a UD-12 Chickenhawk and a UD-41 Dropship. I'm thinking that if I manage to finish this side project without it taking to much time away from completing the rest of the tables, I may do a starport as the 6th and final table for Norcon.

No comments:

Post a Comment