Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My "New" Army

With Norcon behind us, and my work load now completely clear of terrain, it's time to start working on a new army. And my new army? My old army!

I've been painting my Qapu Khalqi army for years in traditional Haqqislam beige and green, and in all that time I've only finished 3 models. Embarrasingly my only fully painted Infinity armies are either demo armies or armies that I have sold. Haqqislam is by far my favorite force, and the one I play most often, yet I've never given them the attention they deserve.

That all changes now. I'm rebuilding my army from the ground up and finally painting them. The models will be mounted on resin bases, and will be on a magnetic display board (inspired by Seth's cool display for his JSA at Norcon.) I've been toying with different paint schemes and ended up with red and black as my final decision. To avoid ending up with an army that looks like Nomads I'll also be adding some yellow and purple accents to highlight certain models.

As I usually do, I'm slowly developing a story line in my mind for the army, as well as names for all of my fighters. All of the fighters in my army represent members of the crew of the Celestial Raven, a pirate ship that has become a privateer vessel "loyal" to the Haqqislam Sultinate. To start I'll be working on my Djanbazan link team, the backbone of my army. I'll start posting photos as my work progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment