Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Norcon XII Part 10- Finished Tables 1

Today was the first of my self-imposed non-stop painting and terrain making days. I only had a little bit of construction left to do, which I finished up pretty quickly, and then buckled down for some serious painting.

The fun really started just after I woke up when I set right to work on the last construction I needed to do on the Beach table. Like a genius, I managed to pull my back while holding up the table at a weird angle to get flock on it. For the rest of the day I have been in pain while working on terrain, and I can only imagine how I will feel tomorrow. However, looking at a pile of finished work is better than any pain reliever.

This is all of the terrain for the desert table for the 'Secure Area' scenario. I made a couple of the pieces myself, but most of this terrain is resin cast buildings from JR Miniarture Studio or Crescent Root Studio. All of the walls for the table were scratch built by Joel from Brush Zealot, for which I am extremely grateful.


I went for a monochrome color scheme to try and make the table look as dead as possible, the only real color to the piece are the turqoise domes on the tower and mosque, as well as a tiny bit of blue in the wells.

More finished terrain pictures will be posted tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing sir, and I am glad that the walls worked out...your paint job really made the walls pop! i CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY

    ReplyDelete