Friday, July 27, 2012

Norcon XII Part 12- Finished Tables 3

Except for a few finishing touches on some of the smaller pieces and objective markers, I am done. The only major thing I really have left to do is to finish painting my Imperial Service demo army, which I have half a day left to do.

The final two tables for Norcon, not counting the beautiful Japanese Village table that Joel made, are the Apartment Complex and Spaceport Warehouse Offices.

I expect that the Apartment Complex will probably be the most popular table of the six for Norcon. Personally I am more excited about the Starship and Beach tables, but the Apartment complex features a lot of really great terrain pieces from Micro Art Studio. This polish studio makes the official terrain for the game of Infinity, and it fits the game perfectly. Complimenting these pieces are a few fantastic bits from Antenocitis Workshop, including the cars and phone booth I reviewed in an earlier post. Finally, the civilian objective marker is represented by a model from Reaper Miniatures.

I decided not to throw any pictures of the warehouse terrain up here because, frankly, that's the one table I am disappointed with. I saved it to last, and ended up doing almost no detailing on it. Compound that with a boring color scheme and the nicest thing I can say about it is: at least it will be fun to play on. Fortunately, David is painting half the terrain for the warehouse table. I haven't seen his efforts yet, but if they are up to his usual caliber it should manage to save the table.


Also pictured here is one more shot from the Beach table, showing off the completed jungle area.

No comments:

Post a Comment