Monday, December 3, 2012

Missing Ingredient: More Evil

I originally designed my new Infinity army as a group of comedic villains. They were criminals involved in smuggling and security operations, not particularly bloodthirsty, and always ready with a snappy comeback. It was fun to win with them, but it was also fun to lose because it was always amusing to root against them as they got beat up.

Our current campaign needs something a lot more evil though. Zac's Combined Army will make fantastic villains, but as the alien menace they are the natural enemies of all the other factions. What I want to bring to the campaign is a more insidious and human evil.

To ratchet up my evil quotient I'll be adding Joe "Scarface" Turner and his sister Cordellia, as well as several of their friends from the Druze Crime Syndicate. Combined with my new favorite unit, the Sekban naval marines (pictured above), I'll have a whole new way to play my army. Joe and the Druze are most famous for their work with MagnaOrba, a mining corporation involved in the Ariadnan commercial conflicts.

I expect Joel and Scottie will get a kick out of this: while working for MagnaOrba, Joe and the Druze kidnapped and murdered numerous Aridnan civilians, burned Caledonian villages to the ground, and committed dozens of other terrible war crimes. Also, I like to think that they helped destroy a certain Corregidor trade delegation with a small antimatter device at the end of our first campaign.

It's time to do some evil!

No comments:

Post a Comment