Monday, September 10, 2012

Hello Again, My Old Friend.

After a 2 year hiatus I finally pulled all of my Warmachine off the shelf and started thinking of getting back into the game. The gentle nudging of Scott and Gramut finally won me over, and now that I have more free time for gaming, I've finally caught the Warmachine bug again.

What originally got me into Warmachine those many years ago was my love for the Iron Kingdoms RPG. Now that the new IK RPG is just around the corner warm thoughts of gears, steam and coal dust have begun to prance through my head once again.

I've reinvented my army for this new era of Warmachine. In the past my army consisted of the Highborn Covenant, and was led by Ashlynn D'Elyse, Broadsides Bart, and Gorten Grundback.

My new army will be a little different, this time it will be built around Ashlynn, Captain Damiano, Constance Blaize, and occasionally Drake MacBain. I'm going to be adding some new units as well, like Precursor Knights and more Steelheads. My goal is to create a 200 point War army that runs all four casters at the same time. So far I've got about 110 points, so there is a lot left for me to add. As I build up my massive Mercenary dream army I will occasionally document my journey here.

4 comments:

  1. I was wondering where did you get that Ashlynn D’Elyse variant from, im rather interrested myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a conversion I did a few years back. The body started out as Fiona, the arms are from Ashlynn, and everything else is epoxy putty.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I could help you, but I converted this over the course of 7 days while I had the worst flu of my life. I don't remember most of it.

      Delete