Thursday, February 14, 2013

NorCon XIII

I've changed obsessions and switched back from my video editing project to making terrain. I've started assembling my tables for this year's NorCon event. In the last couple of weeks I've put quite a bit together, and I'll start uploading photos as soon as I get some painting done.

I'm not sure what to expect for Infinity turnout this year, and I'd like to participate in the Warmachine tournament this time round, so I'm planning on fewer tables. However, I want to try and outdo myself this year, so I am working on some cool new stuff to make better tables.

My plan is to have either 4 or 5 tables this year, plus a Warmachine table that I am making for our local Pressganger, Scottie. Like last year, each table will have a separate scenario unique to the table. One table will be a straight victory point scenario, and for the others I will be running simplified versions of some of my favorite scenarios from the Paradiso campaign book.

Table 1- I'm bringing back the Desert Town table from last year, but this time with some new additions. I've ordered a few more buildings to add more complexity to the table. Also, I've taken steps to correct the one complaint people have with the table by making the cover on the rooftops of the buildings more clear cut.

Table 2- The Apartment complex will also be making a return, with the addition of a few more pieces of cover.

Table 3- One of the new tables I'm making will represent a mining prospector camp on Dawn, just outside of the borders of Ariadna. The miners have uncovered a dangerous alien artifact, and two factions have arrived to investigate.

Table 4- Last year I wanted to make the holy grail of wargaming tables: a non-ruined city. At the time it turned out to be more expensive than I could afford, but I have a new plan to try again this year. The idea is to make a table with a three or four story building in the middle of the table, surrounded by shorter buildings. The central building has been affected by a cyberwarfare attack, and local police have secured a perimeter around the building.

Table 5- I'm still waiting for a flash of inspiration for a fifth table, but I have plenty of time before NorCon. I may ask someone to help me out, like the excellent Japanese Sectorial table that Joel made last year.

Warmachine Table- For the Warmachine tournament I'm building a table to represent a hamlet and lumberyard in the northern Thornwood. This small community has had the misfortune of landing right in the middle of every major faction in Western Immoren.

No comments:

Post a Comment